CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weeks 22 and 23

So little Caleb is getting on a schedule. He doesn't like to eat a lot at night. I often have no appetite, get heart burn, or just can't eat in the evening. Sometimes I just have a glass of milk. And I am dead exhausted way earlier than I ever used to be. In the mornings I am ravenous. And this boy has me waking up really early every day. He is an early riser!! I wake up before 6 without an alarm all the time.

Dad is feeling Caleb's kicks all the time now. We sit and watch and see the kicks on the outside of my stomach as well.

I have been gaining much slower. I have still gained about 31 pounds. I feel better since I had gained so much so fast, and it is very steady now. I am sure there will be a big growth spurt.

One day my stomach was feeling so much pressure. I felt like I had been pushing out my stomach all day, but I wasn't. I could just feel it stretching, like the muscles were sore.



Week 22:
Baby's crown to rump length is 20 cm or 7.9 inches. Baby weighs about 425-500 grams or 15 ounces -1.1 pounds.
Baby is starting to make antibodies.
Dad may be able to see or feel baby's movements.
Baby's heartbeat is getting stronger.
Week 23:
Baby's crown to rump length is 21 cm or 8.3 inches. Baby weighs about 500-600 grams or 1.1-1.3 pounds
Baby's lungs are developing. Alveoli are forming.
Baby has developed a hand grip reflex and startle reflex.
Baby is getting bigger and has less space to move around.



0 comments: